Sustainability & environmental awareness
CLIMATE PROTECTION | SUSTAINABILITY IN TRADE FAIR CONSTRUCTION | ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS | CLIMATE-NEUTRAL TRADE FAIR STAND
For more sustainability in trade fair construction, it no longer suffices to just think about individual measures. Our approach is to question all the individual steps of the entire value-creation and from this, derive tailor-made solutions for our customers that will result in a better life-cycle assessment of their trade fair exhibits.
We have set ourselves the goal of reconciling environmental protection, creative design and high-end trade fair construction.
Environmental-friendly solutions that can be customised to your trade fair stand. That might sound impossible, but it is not. The climate-neutral trade fair stand does not, of course, prevent environmental pollution, but it certainly compensates for it. We would like to set the tone and be the pioneers.
We look forward to supporting your quest for a climate-neutral trade fair stand. We would love to present to you the extensive range of our services and take you from the idea to the climate-neutral implementation of your trade fair exhibit. If you wish, we would be happy to provide you with detailed advice beyond the construction of the stand to enable your marketing efforts to bear fruit as well!
“We have not inherited the earth from our parents, we have only borrowed it from our children.”
The basis for all kinds of improvement in terms of climate protection is a company’s carbon footprint. This is calculated in accordance with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol (GHG Protocol), and represents a starting-point from which to define climate protection strategies and activities for achieving the climate protection aims set out in those strategies.
Our own objective is a growth-adjusted relative reduction of our carbon emissions by 30% within 10 years.
By optimising our logistical processes and our own workshops, which can be monitored directly in terms of environmental protection, we are actively working to limit our carbon emissions. Our holding tanks collect rainwater, which is used to irrigate our lawns and plants, and also to wash our vehicle fleet. Harmful substances such as oil remnants are filtered off so that they do not find their way into the sewage system or groundwater.
We are making a small contribution to the general ecological improvement with the 100 m² water biotope located on our company premises.
When we designed our headquarters in 2000, we kept in mind the sustainable use of energy:
- Workplaces optimally illuminated with the maximum amount of natural light
- Centrally controlled lighting throughout the building
- 90% of the heat energy we require is provided by pellet heating fuelled by the pellets we make ourselves out of waste wood (wood-chip machine)
- Solar panels on the roof of our buildings provide an output of approximately 370 kWp (one of the region’s biggest non-commercial solar plants)
We advise our customers actively on the use of:
- Environmentally neutral materials, such as water-based paints
- High-grade materials with a long lifespan
- Modular materials, such as laminate flooring
- Materials that can be reused, such as old wall elements, that are converted into transport crates
In future, we will be using more:
- Materials produced ecologically
- New materials made from renewable sources
We aim to pursue and develop strategies for consistent waste avoidance such as:
- Production: responsible handling and recycling of raw materials
- Planning of trade fair stands: Modular approach enables individual building elements to be used more often.
- Transport: Strong, reusable packaging crates protect components against damage and reduce the amount of rubbish in exhibition halls.
- Waste wood from the joinery is converted into pellets in our wood-chip machine.
- Consistent recycling of all materials used in trade fair construction